Saturday, February 4, 2012

First Night Without THE Piglet

I have written before about how we bought back-up lovies.  Miles will gladly take either of his identical Pooh Bear lovies.  Vivienne, however, quickly recognized that we were presenting an impostor and completely rejected him.

Yesterday, we went to the Farmer's Market with our friend, Pam.  While I was pushing the babies around in their stroller, holding their lovies (I know, I know... bad idea), Vivienne dropped Piglet.  Of course, I didn't realize this until we were about to leave.  We backtracked and asked vendors along the way if they saw her little Piggy Wiggy.  But, alas, Piglet was not to be found.  We even asked at the Farmer's Market office and left them our number in case they found our little pink friend.

Vivienne didn't nap very well at all yesterday without her Piglet.  But last night, she seemed to sleep just fine.  Hopefully she forgets the familiar smell of her old saliva-soaked oinker and develops an attachment to her new Piglet. 

I guess it's time to order a Piglet back-up back-up?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sad times! I hope the original piglet is found, but thank goodness for the parental insight to order backups! Funny how boys are. Will likes his taggie and doggie, but Claire LOVES her taggie and bear. One tucked under each arm = happy naps.

    ReplyDelete