Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday, Miles and Vivienne!

I want to take more time later to write a formal post about their birthday festivities… but wanted to throw down some quick thoughts with my coffee this morning.

Four years ago today, I was at the hospital, in labor with my first children.  I was nervous.  I didn't want to have a c-section and I wasn't sure how their birth was going to go.  The epidural was keeping me pretty comfortable by this time.  I thought I knew how these babies were going to affect our lives, but now I realize that I had absolutely no idea what was about to happen.  I guess you just don't know what you don't know.

Then, just before 11 am, Miles and Viv were born, 3 minutes apart.  No c-section.  Beautiful, perfect babies.

Right now, those beautiful babies are in their 4T and 5T clothes in the family room watching Umi Zumi with their baby sister.  They use words like "similar" and "contrail" and can hold a conversation.  They give me the deepest joy and the biggest challenge of my life.

I honestly say, without hesitation or regret, that they have helped me discover more of who I truly am.  I love you more than I knew possible, Miles and Viv.  And I love you every minute of every day and always will, no matter what.

Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment