Monday, May 23, 2011

National Geographic: North Carolina Edition

This morning, it was a regular episode of National Geographic:  North Carolina Edition during our run.  We saw geese, ducks, lizards, snakes eating frogs... WHAT?  Yes, as I was taking the babies past the last pond, I saw a water snake.  I stopped to watch it swim along for a minute or so, and I realized that there was yet another water snake that had caught a bullfrog by one of its back legs, right on the shore.  What the heck?  I sat for a while to see what was going to happen (whether the frog was going to escape), but it wasn't looking good.  So we trotted on home.

I tried to figure out what kind of snake it was, but I didn't want to get too close.  I've seen too many copperheads around here lately, and a friend of a friend was bitten by one recently and spent the night in the hospital.  No more close-up snake pictures for me. 

Gross, but kind of cool.  Ah, the circle of life.  I can hear Elton John now.  I wish Miles was old enough to see it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment