Friday, January 27, 2012

Back on the Move

Well, I feel officially back on the move this week.  I jogged/walked the kids every weekday this week, and totaled 20 miles.  I probably jogged 8 miles of it and walked the rest, usually going just over 4 miles per day.  Some days I run a couple miles, then walk a couple miles home.  Some days I jog the whole thing.  Some days I only walk.  Every day, I have the double stroller. 

I'm trying to focus on just getting moving and getting the miles in, regardless of my speed.  I would like to keep this up for as long as I can throughout the pregnancy.  I'm honestly a little disappointed, because I had hoped that I would be able to keep up running at a higher speed and distance further into the pregnancy.  But my cardiovascular and respiratory systems are clearly being overtaxed when I run at my usual pace.  My breathing and my heart rate escalate too high too quickly, and it's clearly not sustainable.  I'm trying to just listen to my body but still get some sort of workout in.

I'm trying to enjoy my little victories.  =)

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Give yourself plenty of rest, and be careful! It's hard to not feel "guilty" when walking after being used to running, but you gotta take care of the baby and your poor cardio/respiratory systems. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only able to jog for the first trimester, then I just walked. But I was able to do Pilates and swim up until 8 months. It did not really help with the weight gain/loss so far, but it has helped me maintain my muscle tone and energy level much better than the first time. Just do what you can do, and try not to get disappointed when every week you can do a little less. (I really had a hard time with that.)

    ReplyDelete