Sunday, June 3, 2012

Big Boy Haircut

Today was Miles' first big boy haircut.  I have always cut his hair, using only scissors.  I like to leave his hair longer, mainly because he just has some awesome, shiny, straight hair.  A friend of mine used to call his hair "surfer hair."  I have cut Jason's hair for years (though I use the buzzers for the sides and back and just cut the top with scissors), but cutting Miles' hair with only scissors has been very different.  Until today, he was sporting the longer, bowl-like cut.  I was never really going for a "bowl" cut, but I always ended up with that.  I decided that I finally need to take the plunge and try to give him a proper haircut.  With a little help from Elmo on our TV and Daddy sacrificing his lap (or at least being willing to get Miles' hair all over him), I was able to give him a pretty decent cut.  I think he looks so much older now.  My baby isn't a baby anymore.

3 comments:

  1. what a handsome young man!!! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he does, he looks so much like a big boy! It's super cute, and I can't believe how brave you are to cut his hair. No way do I feel like i can do that!

    ReplyDelete