Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Mommy Do Dis (This)"

Lately, Vivienne has been frequently heard saying,"Mommy do dis!"  It's usually when Jason is changing her diaper or putting on her shoes or drying her off after a bath.  For some reason, over the past week or so, she has really wanted me to do many of these things.

When my mom is here, Vivienne is frequently heard saying,"Grandma do dis!"  It's hard for me to pass changing a poopy diaper.  But who am I to disappoint her if she really wants Grandma to do it?  =)

I'm also glad to hear her starting to say,"I do dis!"  She is becoming much more eager to try things on her own, like putting on her backpack or shoes or fixing something or putting an ornament on the tree. 

Having the kids develop their sense of independence is sometimes incredibly frustrating, but it's mostly just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment