- Bought me flowers the day we found out we were pregnant, even though I was flying to San Diego the next day and he knew that they would probably die.
- Rented a movie for us to watch, and came home with Ruffles chips and french onion dip. He remembered me saying how I had a craving for it a couple nights beforehand. He always remembers the little things.
- I asked him to buy me a bag of pretzels on his way home from work so that I could take some to New York with us (they help my nausea). Well, he bought 2 "pounder" bags of pretzels and another bag of chocolate-covered pretzels. Wow. I'm in love.
- Folded laundry
- Washed our duvet cover because he noticed that it was covered in cat hair (and cat sneezes... ew).
- Bought me ginger ale, and frequently brings me a can while I'm on the couch watching TV.
- Cleaned the kitchen even more often than he used to, which was already pretty often
- Sifted the litter box, since I found out I was pregnant, he's done this regularly
- Not criticized me for ordering french toast with ice cream on top
- Told me that I'll be beautiful no matter how closely I'll come to resembling the Goodyear blimp
- Downloaded the What to Expect app and gone to my doctor's appointments so that he can participate in this entire, crazy process.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Lucky, Lucky Girl
So in reading all of these pregnancy books, there are lots of jokes about how clueless husbands are about pregnancy and about how they're often not very helpful. In my family, that is clearly not the case. Here is a list of ridiculously sweet and caring things Jason has done for me (though he is always sweet and caring):