Wednesday, February 17, 2010

15 Weeks

We're 15 weeks pregnant today.  I think I'm finally starting to feel back to my normal self, though I still do feel a bit sick at night - usually starting around 8:00 PM.

The babies are around 4 inches long - about the size of apples.  Though their eyes are fused shut, they can sense light.  Their taste buds are developing.  I can definitely tell that these babies are growing, because my tummy is starting to grow a lot more with them, too.  We'll have to take more pictures soon.

I should be able to feel the babies move between 16 and 22 weeks.  They say that sometimes you can feel them earlier when they are twins.  I'm looking forward to that.

Totally unrelated to the babies, but still interesting:  a red-bellied woodpecker just found my bird feeder this morning and he keeps coming back for more seed.  The feeder sits right outside my office window, so I see the birds feeding every day.  It's fun to watch them.  They have been loving my feeder since I refilled it after the snow.  (This is not my red-bellied woodpecker, but this is what he looks like.)

He's way too big for my feeder!

1 comment:

  1. When we were in Richmond for Christmas, there was a ton of snow on the ground. My dad filled his feeder, which the birds loved, but he also spilled (and also sort of sowed) a bunch of seed onto the snow. The birds loved this too, and was fun to watch them eat the seeds out of the snow...they were quite easy to see.

    Oh, and thanks for the news about the pregnancy thing, too. :-P

    ReplyDelete