Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Story Time at the Library



I had a great day today with the babies.  We started out by going to Story Time at a local library.  The program started at 9:15.  Wouldn't you know that both babies were still napping and sound asleep at 8:50.  I had to wake them both up.  Neither of them was initially too thrilled about this, but I figured it was for the great good of their literacy so it was worth it. 

The library is only about 5 minutes from our house - so easy to get to!  As soon as we walked in the door, Miles started wailing.  Apparently he missed the memo on library etiquette.  Luckily he stopped crying once I parked our stretch limo stroller and picked him up. 

Story Time is a little 15-minute program for babies through 18 months.  I'm pretty sure that Miles and Vivienne were the youngest babies there.  There was one other really nice twin mom that I met there as well who recently moved here from the UK.  The program was very cute - songs, stories and reading one short book (Whose Ears? by Jeannette Rowe).  I wish I could remember more of the songs and hand motions that we did today.  I'm definitely going to go back as often as we can manage (this is a weekly program).  I hope they do the same songs each week so that I can learn them.

After that, we went to lunch with my sweet friend (and neighbor), Stephanie.  We took the babies to Panera Bread Company.  They did very well, and they enjoyed watching us eat.  It's fun to try to hold an infant and eat a ridiculously thick sandwich with one hand.  After about half an hour or so, Miles and Vivienne started getting antsy, so we got the show on the road.  The babies fell asleep in the car, and Stephanie (God bless her) offered to sit in the car with the babies while I ran into the grocery store for some bananas and bread.

Jen and Vivienne


When we got back, a friend of mine from California, Jen (who is getting her MBA from Duke - Go, Jen!), came over to visit with us.  We always have such a good conversation, and it's fun to hear what she's up to and what's going on at the Fuqua School of Business.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, library AND lunch at a sit-down establishment? Sounds like a great day to me!

    ReplyDelete