Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Walks

Almost every day, I go for a 2.5 to 3.5 mile walk with the babies on the trails behind our home.  I've really been enjoying experiencing nature with Miles and Vivienne.  We have seen all kinds of wildlife on our walks - deer, rabbits, squirrels, snakes (one copperhead and one other large black snake) and tons of birds - finches, cardinals, woodpeckers, hawks, sparrows, wrens.  The trees are gorgeous, and the leaves are just starting to change.  It's so neat to see the leaves evolving to the beautiful fall colors. 

The babies usually sleep a lot during our walks.  Miles will often get restless and cry to be carried in the Baby Bjorn or the ring sling.  He loves to look around at the top of the trees and the passers-by.  I think he's going to love exploring the outdoors when he gets older.  I hope that we can take our children hiking and backpacking someday in the future.

As we walk by the other nature lovers, they often comment about the twins or stop me to ask how old they are, whether they are a boy and a girl, etc.  I look forward to our walk each and every day, and I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful place to explore with my babies.

We're excited about our walk!

Miles loves to look around from the Baby Bjorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment