Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Garden

I have really enjoyed working in our yard this year.  We had our sod installed, and I have spent many, many hours planting over 50 plants (all perennials) in our beds.  Now that Fall is here, my plants are changing and I am loving it.  My shrubs have all grown since they were first planted, and some things are starting to flower.  The ruby loropetalum, knockout roses and azalea have all bloomed.  My roses seem to be getting a second wind this Fall - they already bloomed all summer.


My camelia is growing buds, and I can't wait to see it bloom for the first time.  I have forgotten what color flowers it should have, but I believe they may be pink.  We shall see!

The sugar maple is just starting to turn.  I can't wait to see it in a few years after it has had time to mature.


At the Farmer's Market, I picked up some ornamental cabbages to plant around the Japanese maple.  I know it's weird, but I have always thought that cabbage is such an awesome plant for landscaping.  It's fun that I now have a yard to ornament with some cabbage!






I also used a coupon to buy a flat of pansies from a nice local nursery.  I planted them last weekend, and I can't wait to see them fill in.


No comments:

Post a Comment