Thursday, October 20, 2011

Running Complications

Well, it looks as if I will not be running a half marathon next month.  I've started having some minor problems with my left foot.  I think it might be plantar fasciitis, but I'm not sure.  I also have some discomfort in my right foot, but it's fairly minimal.  I took a couple extra rest days last week to let it heal a bit.  Then I ran 6 miles Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  I took yesterday off and plan to hit the road again today when the kids wake up from their nap.  My foot seems to be getting better.

However, my sister-in-law, who was going to do the race with us, now has a torn meniscus in her knee.  It's going to require surgery to fix it.  No fun at all.  So, she is definitely out of that race.  None of us had registered yet, so I think I'll wait and find another half marathon to do. 

There is another half here in town in a couple weeks, but I feel like that is too soon with my foot injury.  The next big one in town isn't until March of 2012, which seems like such a long way away.  Maybe I'll just do my own little half marathon and have Jason cheering at the "end" for me with the babies and a fake medal.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your foot issues. You are definitely cranking out the miles right now. I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should find a race in so cal and come out to visit...

    ReplyDelete