Thursday, March 8, 2012

Going to Bed

We have to consider ourselves lucky to have had two pretty easy sleepers.  We virtually never have to get out of bed at night.  Occasionally, one of the kids will wake up and cry for a few seconds, but they put themselves back to sleep very quickly. 

Until recently, Vivienne would nap in the guest room (in a pack n play) while Miles napped in the nursery in his crib.  While Michelle and Jason were here, I tried napping them both in their cribs in the nursery.  It actually worked quite well, and I have been doing this ever since.

Over the past week or so, I will say to them,"Are you ready for a nap?"  They get really excited, go find their lovies, and wait at the gate at the bottom of the stairs.  When I open it, they both climb up the stairs, go into the nursery and stand in front of their cribs.  I put them both in their cribs and they usually take about an hour and a half nap.  I'm trying to lie down myself every day at this time, because I need to take every opportunity that I can to rest while they're asleep.

They have also started eagerly climbing the stairs to bed at night.  It's really cute to see those two little tushies making their way up the stairs in their PJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment