Wednesday, April 14, 2010

23 Weeks

We're at 23 weeks today.  I can't believe we're only a little over halfway there.  It seems like we should be further than that.  I can't wait to meet the babies!

We still don't have names for them.  I think Jason and I just stalled once we got it down to a handful of names.  We like our girl names, but we're not overly excited about any of our boy names yet, so it's hard to decide. 

My back has still been hurting a lot lately, so I started going to a chiropractor for the first time this week.  She specializes in pregnancies, and I really like her a lot so far.  We have great coverage for chiropractics ($20 co-pay with up to $3600 of treatment fully covered), and I'm very thankful for that.

According to the websites, our babies are about 11 inches long and weigh just over a pound (a little more than a mango).  I can see them moving underneath the skin of my belly, but it still looks like big belly twitches - no slow movements yet, more jabs and kicks.  I feel Baby A (the little guy) move a lot more than Baby B (little girl), but I hear that that is normal for twins.  Blood vessels are developing in their lungs to help them prepare for breathing.

My belly button is getting more shallow by the day, but it has not popped yet.  I'm just starting to be able to see a faint linea nigra (line down my belly).  I wonder if it will get darker or stay the way it looks now.  Only time will tell.

I read this quote by Erma Bombeck in a book that I'm reading:



"If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle."

I don't completely agree with it, because I think there are many other ways that we can assist God in miracles throughout our lives.  But I thought it was a beautiful way to look at my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment