Thursday, April 29, 2010

25 Weeks

We were at 25 weeks yesterday.  I'm so glad that we're getting close to 30.  Every day is a day closer to meeting our babies.  And every day I feel like I get more acquainted with them as I feel them moving around and kicking and punching.  I really enjoy watching my belly dance in the evenings when I'm lying in the recliner.  (I now live in the recliner when I'm not working.)

The babies should be 13.5 inches long and a pound and a half.  I'm proud to announce that my babies are 1.5625 and 1.625 pounds, just a wee bit above average.  I think that's outstanding for twins.  I'm proud of them already.  =)

The structures of their spines are developing, including 33 vertebrae (rings of bone), 150 joints, and 1,000 ligaments.  So for us, that's 66 vertebrae, 300 joints and 2,000 ligaments.  If the babies were born now, they would have an 82% chance of survival with aggressive ICU treatment.  Of course, we hope that they aren't born for at least another 11 weeks (maybe even 13).

I feel pretty good.  I'm still having a weird problem with some sort of nerve pinching on the front of my ribcage on the right side.  I ice it each night, and I also ice my back (though my back hasn't hurt since I starting going to a chiropractor).

It's definitely less than 100 days from when we'll meet our babies.  Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Less than 100 days? Wow! We should make some sort of countdown chart...

    ReplyDelete