Sunday, April 18, 2010

Expectant Mommy Parking, A New Chair and Belly Pics

I had a fun weekend visiting my parents in Georgia.  I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower.  She is due in June with their first baby, a girl named Elizabeth.  I'm glad that I could be there for her shower.  She lives in California, so I won't be able to see her for a very long time.  I crocheted a pink baby blanket for little Elizabeth.  It was fun to finally be able to give it to Mary.  I should have taken a picture!

After the shower, Mom and I visited our friend, Johnna, who just had twins a couple of months ago - a baby boy and girl.  They are so tiny and sweet.  I can't wait to meet our babies.  It was nice to be able to talk to Johnna about what it's like being a mommy of twin newborns.  She also has an adorable 3-year-old son, so she certainly has her hands full.

On the way home, Mom and I stopped to eat at Truett's, and I got to use the Expectant Mommy parking:


I was able to fly there and back for $22 each way because of my dad's discount from being a Delta pilot.  On the way back I sat in first class - not bad for $22!

When I got home, I got to try out our new recliner.  My back and my upper abdominal muscles have been very sore lately.  I get very uncomfortable sitting on the couch every evening.  My parents offered to buy us a recliner.  We put it downstairs in the family room, and I think there will be many days and nights that I sleep in this recliner with my babies.  My chiropractor mentioned that this would be a good sitting position for me to help with my back.  Thanks to Mom and Dad for the wonderful chair!



I broke the chair in today with a good long nap.  It was very comfortable.

I put a coat of white paint on the changing table (bought on Craigslist a few months back) today while Jason mowed the lawn.  I'll have to post some pictures of that soon.

Here are some updated belly pictures at 23.5 weeks:

The twins and I at 23.5 weeks.

Jason at 23.5 weeks.

Finally, these are pictures of our dear friends' son who is somewhat captivated by my belly and now his own belly.  His mom says he talks about how big his "bew-ye" is getting now and that it's as big as Miss Leslie's.  I love this little guy!  =)



2 comments:

  1. And that little guy loves you too! As always, he asked to pray for "the babies in Ms. Les-ie's bew-ye" tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so sweet. You have raised such thoughtful children. =)

    ReplyDelete