Monday, April 26, 2010

Bridesmaids Dress Update

A while back, I wrote about ordering a bridesmaid's dress for my sister-in-law's wedding (read here and here).  After speaking with the David's Bridal folks, who encouraged me to buy a size 18 (EIGHT sizes bigger than my early first trimester size), I spoke with another seamstress in Cary who suggested I go for a size 14.

Well, I tried on the size 14 this week, and it actually fits pretty well.  I'm completely shocked.  I took it to the seamstress today, and she did a few quick little tricks and basically only had to pull the straps up (way, way up, because it was looking completely inappropriate on top).  $10 and it fits like a charm!  I'm thrilled that it was so easy, and I'm so glad that I found a great seamstress who could steer me in the right direction.  She even adjusted the straps while I waited. 

I looked for silver shoes for the wedding and actually bought some little silver flip flops.  I would usually want a great pair of heels, but I figure heels would be an extremely, extremely bad idea right now.

I'll have to upload a pic of the dress so that you can get a preview.  I'm excited to have my picture taken with Jason in a tux again.  We haven't done that since our wedding.  And I'm glad it will happen before I bust past the 200 pound mark.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment