Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Shower

While I was in Los Angeles, some dear friends of mine threw me a wonderful baby shower.  The evening started out with some ridiculously good food - brownies, fresh cut strawberries, this ridiculously good toffee chocolate cake, a Porto's fruit tart (soooo good), little buckeyes (peanut butter & chocolate)... it was delicious.

The girls had decorated Stephanie's apartment beautifully with streamers and balloons.  It was so cute.

The best part of the shower was seeing so many people that I haven't seen in such a long time.  The girls from my original life group waaaaaay back were there - Stephanie, Katie, Jill, Melissa and Liz.  Kathy, one of my dear friends from JPL, was also there (I was so surprised to see her, because she skipped Good Friday service at her church to come to my shower - so sweet).  I also saw Ashley and Erinne, who are friends from our last life group before we moved to North Carolina.  It was great to see Erinne, who lives in Oregon but just happened to be in town that weekend.  Amanda, another friend from JPL, and Heather, a friend from my current company, Concerro, were also there to celebrate with us.  And, of course, my mom, sister-in-law and niece were there, too.  It was great to see everyone.  I just wish that I had had more time to visit with everyone and hear updates on their lives.



We played games (complete with prizes).  One game was a quiz on celebrity twins and then there was another quiz on my pregnancy and my birth.  Ashley won the quiz about me (and I honestly think she got more correct answers than I would have gotten - I'm not even kidding!).  I had to wear a blindfold and guess the baby items in this little bag.  I did pretty well, except that I couldn't guess the colors (which is fairly tricky with a blindfold on).  =)  We also tried to guess people's baby pictures, which was very challenging.



 I got so many lovely gifts.  I will have some well dressed babies!


One of the other highlights of the evening was that my friend, Katie, shared with our old life group bunch that she's expecting her first baby in October.  I could not be happier for her.  She's going to be a wonderful mother.  It's fun to go through pregnancy with her.  I really wanted to have a gift for her and for Mary (my sister-in-law, expecting in June) that evening, but I wasn't able to pull my idea together in time.  They'll just have to be looking for packages in the mail.  =)

It was an amazing time with good friends.  A huge thanks to Jill & Stephanie and everyone else who helped with the shower.  It was so good to see you all.  I always just wish that I had more time with each of you.  I love you ladies!  You mean the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this colorful DIY baby shower is lovely. Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures with us. My sister is expecting a baby and I recently hosted a wonderful knit themed shower for her at some local event venue in LA. The venue was just perfect for my custom theme.

    ReplyDelete