Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

Six months ago today, Miles and Vivienne were born.  (I was going to say that they joined our lives, but they had been in our lives for nine months before they were born.)  I remember the first time I saw each of their beautiful, tiny faces and held them for the first time.  I remember Vivienne's angelic little face and gorgeous eyes.  I remember Miles lying in the isolette with an IV in his hand and his little chest moving up and down, seeming to struggle with each tiny breath.

In the first months, some of the days seemed to crawl by, but now, 6 months later, it's hard to remember how we got here.  Miles is such a strong little guy.  He still kicks with the same fervor that he displayed in utero.  Besides a strong body, he also has a strong will.  Vivienne still has the same enchanting face of an angel.  She has the most charming smile and the sweetest disposition.  Besides my wonderful husband, these gorgeous babies are the most precious blessings of my life.  I am so honored to be their mother.

The first six months have been incredible, and I can't wait to spend my next years watching my son and daughter grow and learn. 

Miles and Vivienne, happy half birthday!  We love you to pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 Months Miles and Vivienne! And congratulations mom and dad for making it to this milestone.

    ReplyDelete