Saturday, January 29, 2011

Running & Walking at Lake Pine

Today was a great day with the babies.  They had their first solids (more on that later).  We took a long nap together - Vivienne in her crib and Miles slept with Mommy and Daddy.  It was at least an hour nap... heaven, just heaven.  Then we went to Lake Pine.  We had never been there before, but we wanted to check it out.  It's a really beautiful little lake nestled in between Cary & Apex, with a 2-mile loop around the lake.

Of course, Jason got up at 6 AM and ran 18 miles averaging a 7:20 pace.  I can never come close to what he does, but I wanted to get in a little run for myself.  So he walked with the babies at the Lake Pine trail while I ran.  I ended up running a full 4 miles, the farthest that I have run since the babies were born (especially without a stroller), and it felt great.

It was really nice to run without two babies and a huge stroller in tow.  My average pace was 9:25 with the last mile at 9:11.  I am really proud of myself, and relieved to discover that I still have a little bit of horsepower (even though it's nothing compared to Jason's Ironruns).

3 comments:

  1. Are there picnic tables there? I'm thinking that might be a great place to meet some Wednesday as the weather gets warmer.
    And you go girl on the running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there were some picnic tables there. I was thinking the EXACT same thing, Kristi. I bet the kids would love the woods and the ducks and geese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! The weather this weekend is fantastic...we're heading for a run when they wake up from a nap later. Almost 60 degrees!! I think with the extra energy pushing the stroller, it cuts down on the per mile time when you run alone for sure. And Jason's running is abnormal ;)

    ReplyDelete