Wednesday, June 2, 2010

30 Weeks!!

Whoohoo! We have hit a landmark week - week 30! We're at 30 weeks today. It feels good to be in the thirties. I was talking to another woman yesterday, and she was talking about how at the beginning, you just want to get past 12 weeks, then 20 weeks, then 27 weeks, then 30 weeks, then 34 weeks... always another "week" mark that you're aiming for after you reach the next one. But I'm glad that we're officially in the 30s now. Less than two months before our babies are here!

The babies should weigh about 3 pounds now, about the weight of a head of cabbage. Our babies are starting to build up their subcutaneous fat, and they should be about 16 inches long. Their eyesight is developing, but it's about 20/400 right now, which means that they can only see a few inches from their faces. That's not surprising, considering that there is nothing around them that's further away than a few inches, I suppose.

They are kicking up a storm lately. I can feel their little legs moving and their arms punching lower in my belly. I think they actually push on my bladder sometimes with their hands, and that feels really bizarre (and makes me need to pee!). I can often see one of their feet move clear across my belly. I'm going to try to get some better video in good light and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment