Monday, March 14, 2011

It Gets Better After HOW LONG?!?

I remember when the babies were only about 2 weeks old.  Another twin mommy came over to drop off a meal for us, which was much appreciated.  She also gave me some advice, and she told me that she and another twin mommy agreed that twins get much easier after four months.

(Pause.)

FOUR MONTHS?!?  Are you freaking kidding me??  I'm not going to survive four months of this!  (Of course, I didn't say that, but I sure thought it.)  It was so difficult in the beginning that to hear that "it gets better after four months" literally made me want to cry.  Actually, I might have cried about it, but I can't remember - at least I'm sure I didn't cry in front of her.

Anyway, it is true that around 4 months, you really hit your stride and the babies start to get much easier.  But the truth is that they get easier every day.  You learn to read your babies, and your babies get to know you better, too.  You understand how to meet their needs, and you fall more in love with them every day.

Now we're already at almost 8 months, and four months seems like such a long time ago.  Somehow we all survived it.

1 comment:

  1. It is still going to get a lot easier in the months to come. Just wait till they learn to feed themselves. At first it's hard cause they are so much slower than you and make such a mess, but now I am able to wash dishes while she eats, very nice.

    ReplyDelete