Saturday, March 26, 2011

Prunes & Blueberries

Yesterday, it became very clear that Vivienne was painfully constipated.  =(  I knew that this was a possibility with the rice cereal.  She doesn't eat a lot of it, but I guess the combination of foods that she is eating is enough to make her constipated.  She even woke up last night in the middle of the night crying from the discomfort.  It was so hard to not be able to help her feel better last night. 

So, after the babies went to bed, I went to the grocery store to buy some prunes.  I bought regular prunes in a canister and brought them home.  I hydrated them in warm water and pureed them this morning.  Perhaps needless to say, freshly pureed prunes are one of the nastiest looking foods that I have ever laid eyes on.  Luckily, the babies love them!  They devoured them.  Seriously?  Sometimes they will turn away sweet potatoes but they can't get enough of the pureed prunes.  Go figure!

The prunes seemed to work within a very short period of time.  Let's just say that I had a date with our diaper sprayer.

I also made some homemade blueberries and peas for them.  I stewed the blueberries in boiling water for about 15 minutes and pureed them.  For dinner this evening, I mixed the prunes with the blueberries and the babies went nuts for them.  I've honestly never seen Miles be so excited about eating.

Today was a very successful day from a baby food culinary standpoint!

1 comment: