Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Evelyn in Her Own Room

Well, the day has come.  Evelyn slept in her own room last night.  Before last night, she slept in a co-sleeper beside our bed and in a bassinet.

The room that used to be our guest room is now a guest room/nursery for Evie.  We didn't really do much to decorate the room for her, besides putting a crib and changing table in it.  I have a cute little bird mobile that a friend gave me, but I haven't gotten around to hanging that up yet.  Maybe I will get to those things now that she is in her own room.

Last night went really well.  It took us a while to get her to go to sleep, but I don't think that had anything to do with her sleeping in that room.  I think she just had a hard night going to sleep.  Once we got her down, she only woke up once (around 4:30) to eat.  I would definitely consider that a successful night!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! We always sleep better when the babies are in another room, maybe b/c we get at least one very noisy sleeper (grunting, squealing, etc). Haven't gotten there yet, but hopefully in a couple more weeks we can just rely on the baby monitor for wake -up calls. You remind me that time goes by fast and we'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete