Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Tear

We had a wonderful morning at the park with my friend, Pam, and her adorable 3-month-old son, Will.  Miles and Vivienne had a blast playing on the playground, and we were able to sit on the side with the babies, enjoy the mild weather and the warm breeze and have some good conversation.  Afterward, we had lunch on the picnic tables beside the playground.

On the way home, Evelyn cried the entire time.  She eventually worked herself up into that really loud baby scream/cry with the shaking voice.  Not fun.  When I opened the van door on her side, I saw a little tear streaming down her cheek.  Now her crying is going to be so much more sad.  =(

So it was a bit of a rough ride home (at least for me and the baby), but it was an awesome day at the park with a good friend.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, crying with real tears. That's definitely a sad milestone. And they can get all worked up about things that seem so little to us...they start to play with a cord, you take it away from them, and they start crying real tears of indignation. So sad. :`-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate seeing the tears at this tiny age! Mine have just started to produce tears, and it breaks my heart when I can't get to one of them fast enough to stop the crying before those pitiful tears start.

    ReplyDelete