Friday, August 10, 2012

Language Explosion

Over the past month or so, we have seen a language explosion in the kids, especially in Vivienne.  I had noticed a big difference in Viv in just the time she was at my parents' house when I was sick.  Her grasp of the English language has grown in leaps and bounds.  It seems like it was not long ago when she was just learning to say "kitty cat!"  Now, she's talking in sentences.

When we brought Evelyn home from the hospital, Vivienne was in love with the classic little white and pink striped hat that every baby girl has at the hospital.  She came in the door and asked me where it was.  I told her that I wasn't sure.  She said,"I find it!"  I was shocked to hear her construct a sentence like that.  And she has developed even further in the last few weeks, surprising me every day with her new expressions.

Miles still mainly communicates in single word and occasional two-word phrases.  My assumption is that this is probably mostly due to the differences in boys and girls.  He is learning very quickly, though, and I don't think he will be very far behind his sister.

It is fascinating to watch the kids learn, and I love hearing their little voices ask us questions or make statements about the world around them.  Their personalities are incredible, and I am eager to hear more of their thoughts and questions in the coming months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment