Monday, August 13, 2012

Jason's First Day Back at Work

We are so blessed for Jason to work for an employer with such generous paternity leave.  Jason got two weeks of paid paternity leave and then took a week of vacation to be home with us during Evelyn's first weeks of life.  This was such a precious time for our family to be together and to have extra time with Daddy.  But all good things must come to an end...

Today was Jason's first day back at work.  I had been really anxious about this day, because it just seems overwhelming to have Miles, Vivienne and Evelyn all on my own.  I know that it will all be fine, but I tend to get disproportionately worked up about potentially stressful situations.  Luckily, my mom only lives about 3 miles away, so today was very pleasant.

Jason left around 8:45 this morning.  I managed to keep us all alive from that point until about 10 am when my mom came over.  Vivienne was in a good mood today, so that made the day move along very smoothly.  Around 11, we all went out for lunch, mainly just to get out of the house.  Then we brought the kids back for their naps and Mom went back home.  After naps, my previous postpartum doula, Pam, dropped by to visit.  It was fun to see her, and the kids enjoyed playing outside in the sprinkler for a while.  Then we went to visit Grandma and Mindy (otherwise known as "Bramaw" and "Minmi" - the kids have been asking to see "Minmi" for a while now), and then came home to greet Daddy.

So while it was Jason's first day back, it wasn't really my first day being totally solo, because Mom was an enormous help.  Something tells me we're all gonna be just fine, though.

1 comment:

  1. You made it! I can't even think that far ahead right now when all of our help leaves. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete