Monday, February 21, 2011

A Bad Back & Grandma Visits

The Saturday before last, I threw my back out while I was pulling Vivienne up to a seated position.  Luckily, my mom was already planning to fly up from Atlanta that day to help me with the babies through the week.  Perfect timing!


Having my mom here, I was able to get so many things done - things that I am not usually able to do while I'm watching both babies.  I dropped some things off at a consignment sale (my first time trying to sell - will let you know how that goes!).  I shopped for groceries, went to the chiropractor (obviously MUCH needed), met some friends for coffee, and went running on my own (without the stroller) almost every day she was here.  It was wonderful!

Thanks, Grandma, for being such an enormous help!  The babies love having you visit, and I do, too!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't having your mom visit the best? My mom flew in on Saturday and it has made life so much easier. Adria is having a blast too. Usually she is a little sad when we leave for work, but today she and grandma are making muffins and she just yelled, 'Bye Momma and Dadda!' and went back to playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your back - sounds like it is recovering though. Yeah, we love the mom visits. We can't wait for our moms to visit us on weekends in March and hopefully get a little "us" time!

    ReplyDelete