Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Selling the Suit


This is a bad picture taken of my nice suit with my cell phone.  I took this picture so that I could list it on eBay.  Yesterday, the auction ended, and my suit now belongs to one "dtbt5440". 

This is a very elegant wool, lined J Crew black skirt suit.  I bought this while I was working at Northrop Grumman.  It has seen me through many business dinners, interviews and business meetings.  It has gone with me to Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, New York City, Long Island, Houston, San Antonio, St. Augustine, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Detroit and many other cities.  It has been good to me.  I know that I bought it during a very good sale (because I only buy things on sale), but I certainly spent more on it than I would ever consider spending on an outfit now.

Will I miss this suit?  I don't have to think twice before answering with a definite, "NO."  I enjoyed my time in the suit, but I'm much happier now in my old terrycloth robe with spit up on my shoulder.  I like my fuzzy socks so much better than my stuffy heels.  And my two little "clients" here are so much cuter and sweeter than any of my previous clients ever were.  So, "dtbt5440", I hope this suit brings you much success.  Treat her well and dry clean her often.

As for me, I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.  God has given me my dream job, and it is everything that I had hoped for.  That's not to say that I don't have my bad days, but the good days far outnumber the bad ones.  Even on the bad days, I love this job far more than my previous ones.  Quite simply, I was created for this.

And the truth is... I really sold this suit the first day that I saw Miles and Vivienne's little heartbeats on that ultrasound machine.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!
    I understand fully ~ I too was created for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't sold mine, but that is a good idea! It is so nice to be sitting here in pj's right now, and wearing fleece pullovers and jeans all day if I want to instead of heels (so nice to put those away) and dress clothes. Yay for SAHM!

    ReplyDelete