Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Miles' First Time on a Swing

Today Mom, Miles, Vivienne and I went to the Kids Together Park with our great friends, Kristi, Kylie, Caleb and Darcy.  It was wonderful to spend time outside in our fabulous weather and enjoy playing with our friends.  Miles tried out a swing for the first time.



When he was in the swing, we noticed that he was moving his little legs back and forth.  I was quite certain that he was already starting to pump.  After a few minutes, he had the swing going almost as high as my head.  We're pretty sure this kid will be in the gifted class.  (I'm totally kidding.)

We followed up playtime with a visit to Chick-Fil-A for some yummy chicken sandwiches and Diet Dr. Pepper (my favorite).  It was a great day to spend with our friends.

Thanks to Kristi for the pictures of Miles and his swing!

8 comments:

  1. OHHH, how super fun! I can't believe they're old enough for real swings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Miles enjoyed it! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so he wasn't quite pumping yet. I'm sure it will come soon! Maybe shortly after he actually manages to get a bit of your grilled chicken sandwich into his mouth. ;)
    PS ~ My space bar started working again as randomly as it had stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should teach him to hold on before you teach him to pump. :-P I think him moving his legs with the swing is more of a sign of him having rhythm than anything else, sadly Adria has never done this, I think she has her mommy's rhythm, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally kidding about the pumping. He wasn't even moving his legs - just sitting there, enjoying the new perspective. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted Adria to sit back in the swing like this. When she started swinging, I would put her in just like Miles is sitting, and she would immediately slump forward and put her armpits over the front of the swing. I would repeatedly fix her, but I eventually stopped fighting it...she just likes it that way. I think all the cool kids at daycare slump forward. ;->

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Miles had a blast! Seems like he's a very happy kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually at daycare they slump the kids forward beacuse they put two kids in one swing, one facing each way. This could totally work for you having twins...pushing a swing is a great arm workout.

    ReplyDelete