Thursday, July 29, 2010

No More Frenulum Massages!

A week ago today, we had the babies both get their frenectomies.  "We" (Jason) have had to push back their tongues right at their frenulums to keep them from scarring over and growing back (which would require another clipping - not fun).  "We" have had to do this after every single feeding for an entire week.  They eat at least 8-10 times a day.  That's about 140 times over the past week.

I tried doing this in the beginning so that Jason wouldn't have to do it every time.  But they cried (and I'm sure it really hurt, especially the day that they had the frenectomies done), and then I would cry.  It was not a good situation.  So SuperDad agreed to do all 140 frenulum massages.

Hallelujah!  Today is Day 7, and we don't have to do the frenulum massages any longer.  Now they can nurse until they fall asleep and we don't have to wake them up and make them cry every single time.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to Jason for "taking one for the team" on that. And I'm so glad for you that the massages are over. It's no fun making your baby cry ~ trust me, I understand!

    ReplyDelete