Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our First Week

Our first week at home has been an amazing combination of extreme highs and some lows.  It is wonderful to have our little ones here with us finally.  I cannot imagine loving anyone more than these two babies and their daddy.  Just thinking about how much I love the three of them is usually enough to bring me to tears.

At the same time, this week has had a lot of challenges.  There is the sleep deprivation, of course.  The first few nights, we only slept for a few 1.5 hour stretches.  Over the past few days, Jason and my mom have been pulling double duty at nights and giving the babies one bottle feeding of expressed breast milk.  That has allowed me to have one 4-hour stretch of sleep at night.  A huge thanks to them for this huge gift.

The postpartum hormones have been pretty crazy.  I think I'm finally starting to normalize a bit now, though.  I keep worrying that I'm not going to be able to be the mother that I should be - especially to two babies at the same time.  I think I just have expectations of myself that are unrealistic.  Jason is great at reassuring me and reminding me that I'm doing a great job even though I don't always feel like it.

And now for some cute pictures from this week:

Twin Kiss

Miles & Vivienne have their first visitors, our friends Melissa and Brad.

Close-up of Our Beautiful Little Man

No comments:

Post a Comment