Friday, April 29, 2011

Mr. Fix-It

A couple weeks ago, we realized that our downstairs blower on one of our furnaces was not working.  We thought about hiring a repair guy, but then we realized that between the two of us, we have THREE engineering degrees, so surely we can figure this out, right?  Well, we went up in the attic (I was up there in my robe, no less... well, luckily, no less than my robe... that would just be weird) with our multimeter and figured out that the control board was not operating correctly.  Jason ordered a new control board on eBay for $79 (including shipping) and installed it tonight.  We now have working AC again.  I'm pretty sure we just saved a TON of money.  I have no idea how much the HVAC guys charge, but I'm glad that our engineering degrees finally came in handy.  Now, I just hope the house doesn't burn down next time we turn on the air conditioning.

I'm so proud of you, Jason (aka Mr. Fix-It), for cooling off me and the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment